Sunday, September 6, 2009

What Would Don Draper Eat?

Anybody out there watch Mad Men? As I mentioned yesterday, I hadn't had cable for a long time...probably 7 or 8 years! However, the boy and I did get Netflix (until we got the new cable channels) and we became addicted to Mad Men. Now that we actually get the channel it runs on we get to watch it every week, yay.

So I was listening to NPR yesterday and the show Studio 360 did a story on Don Draper, and mentioned to check out a funny skit featuring Jon Hamm playing Don Draper in a skit for SNL. I love it! Check it out, it's hilarious.

Food stuff is really good. I went to "church" this morning, which is not in a church and does not celebrate a traditional religion...it's more of a spiritual gathering. This is only the second time I've gone, but so far I always feel much better after going. Everyone is so loving and non judgmental, it's great. I missed the meditation they do first thing because I wasn't done exercising and showering, but I'll try to make it next time.

It's so weird, when I feel good and steady with my eating, I wonder how on earth I can ever get so off track. Yet when I'm off track I wonder how I ever was so good and steady! Funny, isn't it? I'm going away for a few days with my sweetie starting next Thursday, and vacations are always a challenge. I am striving for a balance of healthy eating with treats thrown in - just not to excess.

Wow, today is flying by, it's nearly 3pm! I've got beans on the stove and a kitty on my lap. Things are good :)

Have a nice Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment